What is ISO 14001?
The ISO 14001 certification was published by the International Standards Organization in 1996 and is essentially a road map for organizations seeking to implement a standardized program for environmental operations. ISO 14001:2015 specifies requirements for an environmental management system to enable an organization to develop and implement a policy and objectives which take into account legal requirements and other requirements to which the organization subscribes, and information about significant environmental aspects. It applies to those environmental aspects that the organization identifies as those which it can control and those which it can influence. It does not itself state specific environmental performance criteria.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015 Certification:-
- An organization having ISO 14001 certificate can achieve following benefits
- Meet legal and corporate policy requirement.
- Potentially fewer surveillance visits from regulatory agencies.
- Showing your business partners, regulatory agencies, and community that you are environmentally responsible.
- Increase Competitiveness.
- Increase profits through potential process improvements.
- Reducing your environmental liability.
- Complying with environmental laws and regulations.
- Improving relationships with regulators - organizations that implement an ISO 14001 EMS often report improved relations with government regulatory agencies, find that regulators are quicker to provide technical support, and find that the regulators are much more supportive in general.
- Capturing institutional knowledge - ISO 14001 ensures this information is properly documented, communicated and retained. The cyclical nature of this management system further ensures all system information is reviewed and updated at least annually.
- Streamlining operations - organizations often realize monetary savings as a result of greater operational efficiency and energy conservation.
- Increased awareness and participation - organizations benefit from better communication about environmental issues inside and outside the organization. ISO 14001 gives people an avenue to raise environmental issues and makes it clear that environmental performance is an important part of the corporate culture.
- Safety benefits – by reviewing the procedures for controlling significant operations, including a review of emergency preparedness and response procedures, organizations are able to identify and implement significant safety improvements.
How can ISO Delhi helps to get ISO 14001 Certification ?
ISO Delhi Consultancy offers consultancy services and awareness training programme on ISO 14001 environmental management system and are specially designed for companies who are attempting to train all the employees for ISO: 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS). Our services are cost-efficient and its implementation in your organization will help and address the ISO 14001 process and awareness training and requirements according to the ISO 14001 standard.
ISO Delhi offers comprehensive series that will help you to achieve your EMS. We Can:-
- Conduct an initial gap analysis and aspect impact analysis.
- Help you to establish policies and objectives.
- Identify documentation requirements and assistance in achieving required level of documentation.
- Manage implementations schedules, training and follow up actions.
- Help you to select a Registrar that has experience in your industry and achieve successful certification to ISO 14001.
We provide following training apart from consulting (Online and Onsite):-
- ISO 14001 Overview Training
- ISO 14001 for the SME
- Develop your environmental management system documentation
- Internal Auditor training
- ISO 14001 implementation training