SA 8000-Social Accountability
It is based on various existing international human rights' standards and also includes the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and United Nation's Universal Declaration of Human Rights. For managing human rights in the workplace, it is the most widely recognized global standard. This certification provides a framework which assures the stakeholders that social accountability is practiced by the management.
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining: Respect the right to form and join trade unions and bargain collectively; where law prohibits these freedoms, facilitate parallel means of association and bargaining
- Health and Safety: Provide a safe and healthy work environment; take steps to prevent injuries; regular health and safety worker training; system to detect threats to health and safety; access to bathrooms and potable water
- Discrimination: No discrimination based on race, caste, origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union or political affiliation, or age; no sexual harassment
Discipline: No corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or verbal abuse
- Working Hours: Comply with the applicable law but, in any event, no more than 48 hours per week with at least one day off for every seven day period; voluntary overtime paid at a premium rate and not to exceed 12 hours per week on a regular basis; overtime may be mandatory if part of a collective bargaining agreement
- Management Systems: Facilities seeking to gain and maintain certification must go beyond simple compliance to integrate the standard into their management systems and practices.
- Compensation: Wages paid for a standard work week must meet the legal and industry standards and be sufficient to meet the basic need of workers and their families; no disciplinary deductions
How can Lakshy Management Consultant help to get SA 8000 Certification?
The largest and most respected accreditation bodies around the world accredit us. These bodies recognize our expertise and commitment to improving performance through management systems. We have the commitment and the expertise to serve customers uniquely, and to assist the industry in general.